Project Cars Discussion - The place for all your random first day thoughts and complaints.

edited May 2015 in Gaming
I'll start it off with a link to the official forum http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/

Comments

• Just a quick heads up everyone there are some known controller issues that are being patched. According to the site the patch is "imminent." There are a few other things as well but none seem like game breakers.
    Interesting, everything I've seen everyone complaining about so far (in youtube vids and the like) is in relation to using a wheel. My pre-order arrived at the shops last week, but I've only managed to pick it up this morning. Waiting for it to install atm.
    Well that was interesting. It seems that the struggle is real!

I did spend some time tweaking the controller settings last night and it made a huge difference!

First of all this post over on the Pcars forum should be considered mandatory reading: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?23153-Xbox-One-Controller-Configuration-Guide

Do with it what you will but the key thing is that all sensitivity levels should probably be at or near zero with your CONTROLLER FILTERING SENSITIVITY and SPEED SENSITIVITY settings set in a range that is tailored to your personal taste. I'm definitely going to be spending some time working on a good controller setup over the next few days.

Even with a well setup controller it's still a challenge but at least the cars become drivable without assists (I haven't even tried the assists so I can't speak to how they affect the cars).

At this point I don't know if I would call it better or worse, but the driving model feels different. Overall, I would say that the cars definitely have a much greater difference in feel from one to another than Forza does.

The only racing I've done is in the 125 shifter karts and I have to say I really don't like them. Most of the other cars I've tried so far have been pretty decent but that has mostly been in free mode or time trial so that might change when they have to be driven in anger against the AI.
  • I kicked on TC and Stability control a little in one of the AMG road cars last night and The massive tank slapping was still there but maybe a bit more subdue. Clearly I've got to get my controller right but I'm considering just waiting for the patch. The steering lock bug is just too much trouble to deal with.

I also read this morning that turning of force feedback will supposedly stop the sound glitch so that's something for those of us with stereo headsets to try.

All the bad aside, that track list and the options. Holy crap man. Once this game gets right it's going to be something. I've just go to balance my patience with my urge to break stuff.
  • So my fears are real. I will be watching with interest as I liked what the game has to offer but it needs to be playable. Right now I cannot afford a game that I won't play but do hope they get it all sorted out because I would enjoy a good racing game that is not Forza. Keep me posted guys.
  • You bet Opti, my advice to my friends would be to hang on a bit. This game has huge upside potential and I think they will get it sorted but I'd say waiting is smart for now. I will say this the Dev's are all over it and all over the forums. It's pretty impressive how engaged they are. I hope T10 takes note of that. It gives me pretty good hope for the future if this game and franchise.
    I will say that the cars do feel somewhat like shift 2 (maybe more planted once the controller is setup) but it has been awhile since I was in that game so I could be mistaken. I don't know if I would call that a bad thing, just different.
    Somewhere between Shift 2 and TOCA imo, Reno