This is not a review,..... yet.
I'm just sharing my experience so far.
Preface- crappy week at work, have to work on Saturday morning, not in a great mood.
Started DL of game during the day, got home, game only 50% loaded.
Started single player campaign. Impressive cinematic intro.
Started "Tanker" scenario.
Again, impressive cinematically, good story, solid mechanics.
However, a few things bugged me.
- Endless mindless AI spawn while you park on the flag, even then, flag cap process is slow and felt canned.
- Enemy AT guns and AT greanades everywhere, not difficult, just unrealistic.
- AI glitching through ground, walls, etc.
- X-ray vision AI targeting despite cover and concealment.
- The whole "escortthetankfromtheoutside" scenario felt canned, overly linear, poorly designed. The friendly AI was dumb, and the level progression triggers made no sense.
Nobody "sneaks" a tank anywhere.
Total loss of immersion for me, very frustrating.
- Silenced Sniper in the windmills.
Not sure if accuracy issue, hit box issue, or what. Some shots would one shot kill, some troops would take 4 rounds to center mass to drop, and that while they would walk around like idiots. Unrealistic. Poor gameplay.
- Standard Sniper rifle, same scenario.
Instant AI aggression and more x-ray vision and targeting BS.
Relocating does little.
- Worse of all. This scenario throughout I experienced MASSIVE amounts of audio glitching, and controller lag/stutter. Maybe due to background DLing, maybe DDOS crap, who knows.
Totally unplayable. Frustrating. Not fun.
That said. This is not a review.
I had a bad day, and the game was still DLing in the background.
Just sharing my initial experiences.