That other thing on the other box.

PS4 owners (Open, Serial and ??), are you interested in Gran Turismo Sport?

What we've seen of the game itself has me going "meh" so far.

The one thing I usually like about GT games is the lineup of hundreds of classic cars(mostly obscure, but things I grew up reading about and memorising the differences of, and I like that), which appear to be going by the wayside.

It is very pretty and the photo mode looks beyond good. Unfortunately, it seems like that will only apply for the 127 "Ultra Premium" cars though. Plus the music in the trailer hides all the engine sounds, so we don't know if they've fixed those or not.

I see it as Polyphony being up to their usual tricks. Announce a far off release date for a half-assed half measure, then make everyone wait while that is delayed, before eventually announcing the full product (the next numbered GT game), which is then also waited for and then delayed.

Perhaps you guys think differently?

Comments

Like you, I'm pretty meh so far. I'm sure I'll wind up with it, but I'm not expecting it to take over Forza's spot as my go-to racer.
    It "looks" cool.
    Hard to tell from the trailer but it kind looks like more of the same. One thing that I did notice was a lack of visible damage. Is that still not a thing in the GT series?

The in game engine for the races looks good but not especially spectacular. The photomode stuff looked pretty insane.

Honestly, I think that they've become a little lazy. Isn't the PS4 something like 90% or more of the console market in Japan? That being the case, and with no other racers on the console, it's not like GT has to really make much of an effort to be a big seller.
    Hard to tell from the trailer but it kind looks like more of the same. One thing that I did notice was a lack of visible damage. Is that still not a thing in the GT series?

The in game engine for the races looks good but not especially spectacular. The photomode stuff looked pretty insane.

Honestly, I think that they've become a little lazy. Isn't the PS4 something like 90% or more of the console market in Japan? That being the case, and with no other racers on the console, it's not like GT has to really make much of an effort to be a big seller.
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 0
    Pcars and Assetto Corsa(AC coming soon, not yet released) are on the ps4 so saying no other racers isn't really true. But they(Polyphony Digital) definitely strike me as uninspired anymore.
    Somewhere I read that they are going the Forza 5 route with only newly modeled cars. I might be mistaken.

It been a long time since GT had only 150 cars.
    Sport is going that route, but Sport is shaping up to be a sort of GT 7: Prologue.