A seperate thread for sharing setups and tuning tips.
One thing I'm pretty sure of is tuning won't make you faster, but it will make you more confident, which should help with consistency.
- Using elite controller, default profile, no assists, auto-clutch.
- Be sure and check/remove dead zones on your controllers.
- I am currently running all other sensitivities at default.
AUDIO VISUAL -
- Playing in hood view primarily.
- I turned Camera shake totally OFF.
- Drop the brightness setting down a touch if you can. It won't hinder you at night, but it can make daylight winter runs in the snow less blinding.
- The Mini and Fiat 131 both had extremely low and almost useless 1st gears. Consider stretching the final drive pretty tall to make them more effective and add some top end for faster runs.
BRAKING BALANCE -
Contrary to effective balance in Forza but much more realistic, keep your brake balanced more forward. It's more effective and more stable.
Dial your suspension and e-brake for rotation at speed.
BASIC SUSPENSION -
- Overall the defaults have not been too bad. But some things can certainly be improved. The fidelity of the tuning is coarse, so even one slider tick can make a difference.
Slight tweaks I've started with......
Soften rear springs to add stability.
Firmed overall damping to add stability.
Loosened diff to reduce throttle oversteer.
Lengthened gearing to help modulate throttle oversteer.
STILL TESTING -
- Toe and Camber
- Spring and Ride height
- Spring/Damping ratios/relationships