FM7 demo is next week, on Tuesday September the 19th.
Ultimate edition access drops on the 29th.
Full game access is the 3rd of October.
I personally don't expect much tune changes will need to be made to the ForzaTune app, but I'd like to start collecting data as early as possible.
I have several ideas in the works.
1. Basic observations from you guys.
2. Direct comparisons of the FM6 cars featured in the demo to the same cars in the FM7 demo.
3. A set of spec built cars of various drive, weight, etc. for direct comparison between FM6 and FM7.
BASIC OBSERVATIONS -
Keep it simple. The key here is to provide as simplified an observation as possible. It can be anything from a specific tuning characteristic to an overall sensation of feeling.
To keep things focused though, I'd like playing field as common as possible.
- No ASSISTS(abs/stability/etc.), Steering NORMAL, minimal or no tuning initially.
- If you use a wheel and/or PC please indicate.
- Camera shake/motion blur effects should also be turned off, or indicated as being used.
- Use cars*and tracks* that are common between FM6 and FM7.
*Ill share preferred cars and tracks later.
Aside from that, here are some typical observations I'll be looking for.....
Is the typical 28~30psi still effective?
OVERALL DRY TRACK FEEL/HANDLING-
Progressive/Sudden loss of traction
Downforce grip at speeds
Drafting effects/speed differences
I do NOT need comparisons of wet/dry/day/night initially.
The reason is simple, we need to focus on what works under normal day/dry conditions first.
All further refinements for temperature/wet/etc can be dialed in over the coming months.
Share your observations, but don't focus on these aspects initially.
To be cont....