Open Night Racing

I'm looking to get some other than Wednesday Series night races going.

Getting To Know You Ladders

Ideas I have are a reverse ladder racing, with certain limitations. Right now I have an idea of a B to E class ladder with only one car change. This will help with getting familiar with a certain car with multiple generic builds. I'm doing it with my 356A right now, but I haven't finalized the B class build yet. I was also thinking of single track different strings with slightly longer races. I mean 4-5 on full tracks 7-9 on shorter ribbons. VIR comes to mind right off, but we could use two tracks to balance out power and handling focused on the generic build and track knowledge. We can just cycle back through the different strings until somebody wins or quit it.

MetalDriftBurn's Achievement Hunting Party

I'm looking to run through the rest of the Achievements. The last big one is "Drive every Ferrari in a race". So I figured on a open night just run ditto races in every Ferrari. Probably in reverse chrono order. Tracks would be chosen by the car. Older cars get more vintage tracks like Spa or Nurb, and the newer cars would get the newer tracks. Prepare for wide variety of tracks. Possibly all of them. Including ones you don't like.
Tagged:

Comments

I'm in.
  • I'm down.
    Sold.
    Finalized my ladder car. I'm in, pretty much whenever.
  • So is there a date for this yet?
    The ladder racing was good fun last night! We'll have to do it again soon.
  • It would have been a lot better if Rocker would have stopped crashing into me all night. :*
    I'll be back to a regular work schedule next week.
    Still need to sort my car(s) out.
    First race night was great. A great mix of cars. I really enjoyed it. Like I said on race night, we can move up from D to A or get in some other tracks. The biggest problem is finding the handling tracks. Since we are dealing with real life tracks mostly, the straightaways are really long for the lower class cars.
  • The biggest problem is finding the handling tracks. Since we are dealing with real life tracks mostly, the straightaways are really long for the lower class cars.
    Seems easily solved with an LS swap.
    Could always shift the classes to C,B,A,S. things might get a little crazy at that point though.
    Work up some D to A cars. I'm not sayin anything... just sayin.

I think C to S is going to be one too far. The jump from A to S is a lot. usually from 80 to 100 HP with tire upgrades.
    My Devil Z will do D to S. I'm ready.
    Looking forward to it. Anything I need to avoid? Can it be an E classer stock or should it start in D?
    They can start in E. Just some of the smaller cars may not have enough tire to get to A and have a balanced build. Missile engage.
    The point is to find cars we want to build and drive. Even if they are not competitive on the leaderboards. Eventually they will be competitive with enough faster cars and skilled drivers dropping down to the next class.